About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Best/Worst of the day

So, today I substituted at a Montessori School for the first time. I was more of an assistant to the head teacher, so mainly I got to play with some pretty adorable 3-5 year old kids. Quite a change from my usual 8-9 year olds.
Best part of the day (actually, I have two): teaching 5 girls to play "Down by the Banks" - they loved it!! Also, the two hour nap time after lunch was nice. I'd like to recommend that as a daily routine at my school.

Worst part: Driving home at 5:00 in 95 degree heat and rush hour traffic. It's been a long time since I had to do that. Being a teacher I don't often have to drive home when it's that hot, also there usually is no traffic coming home from my school in Santaquin.

1 comments:

Alli and Rick said...

Adrienne-
Montessori preschool sounds fun- where was this at? boo hiss for traffic!