About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Last the best

It's officially the last week of summer. Fellow teachers are stressing, planning, setting up rooms, training, agonizing over class lists, getting folders, pencils, paper, dry erase markers, books, etc. etc. I am so lucky to be in a job that allows me to live a little like a kid and to go "back to school". Remember how exciting it was as a kid to find out who your new teacher is, get new clothes, buy a new back pack, see all your friends again... etc. Well, is it really as exciting as a teacher to go back to school? hmmm. I'll leave that question up to all of you to answer... I am pretty excited this year though. We will have a new principal and lots of new staff to meet, and I am looking forward to meeting and working with a lot of great people. I also think that I have a pretty good class for next year along with several new students. I'm excited about changes I have made to my room. After starting a brand new year twice already, I hope that I am getting better at it!!! Well, hopefully after a week, the newness and adreneline won't wear off too much.

I have been trying to enjoy my last week off and get those last minute things done that I know I won't be able to get around to for a while: a really good cleaning, shopping and other errands, etc. Not to mention some fun too. I have been to 3 movies this week (yes during the week!!! That doesn't happen often during the school year). They have all been dollar movies - yeah! I have to admit that I saw Prince of Persia, again. That makes 4 times. Such a good movie! Here's a few words to describe how much I love it: Jake Gyllenhaal and Parkour. Go see it if you haven't.

The best news of all this week, and maybe the summer, has to be this: I no longer need to go to Iowa for the Thirty Seconds to Mars and Neon Trees concert. They are coming here!!! More specifically to UVU, right in my backyard, almost. Does it get any better than that? I should say not. I got tickets yesterday and its official. My sister was saying that her husband was playing some 30 Seconds to Mars for her off of his IPOD and was surprised that she knew a lot of the songs. You might be too! Well, I'm super excited and of you who want to come - it'll be a fabulous, rockin' night. It's general admission, so let's go early and get front row!!! It's always good to have something to look forward to as the summer ends. Goodbye summer, hello Jared Leto and Tyler Glenn.

0 comments: