About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 27, 3 to go

THE SOUND OF SILENCE

After some bad news at work on Friday and a crazy day getting things back together today, I needed some peace and quiet. On the way home, I did something I NEVER do. I turned of the radio. I can't stand driving without the radio/IPOD/some sort of background noise. It's usually how I unwind on my way home or really enjoy music and rock out. Today, I drove home and was alone with my own thoughts for 40 minutes in the car (25 minutes to Provo from school, plus a couple of errands before getting to the house). It was a little theraputic - it let me try to wrap my mind around some things that have happened at school and to think about what needs to happen the rest of the week. Out of habbit, my hand kept wanting to turn up the volume on my steering wheel controls and I would have to consciously hold it back. I guess I truly am a creature of habbit. It's very rare that I am in silence or any kind of quiet atmosphere at all. Being around 8-9 year olds for most of the day doesn't allow for a lot of peace! When I get home I usually have music or the tv on in the background. So, it was very unusual to have a prolonged quiet drive home. I did enjoy it and it was nice to just think. Anyway, I think I could do with a little more peace and quiet in my life.

0 comments: