About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 30, 0 to go

LAST DAY - TIME FOR MAKE-UP!
I can't believe it's been 30 days of new adventures. It has been a crazy, busy, exciting, roller coaster of a month full of good things and bad things. Most importantly, there has been a good thing each day because of this adventure. To finish off this month, my friend Tifani joined me once again and we had a lot of fun making and mixing up some eyeshadows. She bought a kit that had color pigments and base you mix together. She had some sparkles, highlights, and shimmery powders you could mix to make whatever color you want. We spent a couple of hours creating new colors. So fun and colorful! I opted for a lot of bright colors and have a shade for almost every color of the rainbow. Tifani even had little bags to mix them in, pots to put the finished color in and a mortar and pestle to grind some powders up. I have never done nor would I ever even think about making my own makeup, but leave it to Tifani to be prepared with everything you need and an amazing idea.



Some supplies...





Homemade eyeshadow


Bright, new colorful eyes!

1 comments:

Alli and Rick said...

I love it! Green is so hot right now.. according to the girls at the Nordstrom Make-up counter. It sounds so fun to make your own. You'll have to show me how.