About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 12, 18 to go

Maybe she's born with it

Today's adventure was a fun one! I have always kind of felt my eyelashes are a little lacking in the full and thick department. So, to pump up the volume, I bought some fake eyelashes. I have absolutely never used them before and was a little concerned about them looking natural, and staying on. Insert Yours, Mine, and Ours catastrophe here.


Remember the lashes coming off in the middle of a date?


Anyway, I was ecstatic to find a fake eyelash kit - complete with lashes, tweezers, adhesive, and remover for 8 bucks. I decided to use the seperate lashes rather than the one strip of lashes. I thought it would look more natural. It was a little difficult to get the lashes in the right place and to avoid excess gobs of glue. So, gathered my wits and got to work.




Before - have to do it with a clean face. Hence, no make up. Don't look too closely.




Applique




One down






All done and ready for a fun flirty lash day. I was feeling a little "easy, breezy, covergirl".



The best thing about it was no one really thought they were fake or noticed anything until I said I had fake lashes. Like the golden rule of make-up, the trick is to make it look like you aren't wearing any. Maybe the same holds true for fake eyelashes. Apparantly they are supposed to last a couple of weeks, so we'll see. But I love them! I may try to find some eyelash growth stuff - it really makes a huge difference. Great new experience for the day!!!

2 comments:

tifani said...

Ooo! I think they look good! I didn't know the individual ones lasted that long...i think i've had false lashes last over night once :)

Kerry said...

They do look beautiful.
I love this every day thing you are doing. Keep it up.
love mom