About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 19, 11 to go

CONCERT!!!!

A lot of my previous blogs have had to do with my upcoming Neon Trees/3o Seconds to Mars concert. It's finally here (and sadly, over). It was an awesome, spectaular, rockin', crazy, and unforgettable night. Before the concert I knew this would be a great opportunity to be adventurous. I had two goals: be in the mosh pit and try to get on stage. 30 Seconds to Mars always calls about 30 people on stage for the last song of their concert. Anyway, I knew I would be blogging about at least one of those two scenarios. Well, I didn't make it on stage, but Tifani and I were in a proper mosh pit. Can you call a mosh pit proper??? Well, here's the story of the night. Concert was supposed to start at 5, and doors opening at 4. It was general admission so I wanted to get there early so we could get up close. We did. We were there at about 3:30 and not too many people in front of us. YEAH!!! Well, at about 4:15 we hear that things have been changed. The doors will now open at 6 and the concert starts at 7. No wonder there weren't a lot of people there yet! We were 3 hours early!!! We waited it out in true groupie fashion for the rest of our crew to arrive. Once they started letting us in, I got a call from my friend that they were there. I said - run! There are letting us in and I don't think we can save your spot - there were now security people about. Plus, there were only letting the first 1500 people on the floor. Tifani and I got in and walked past a window and saw Tyler and Jared hanging out by the tour buses just talking - we screamed like little girls and snapped a pic with our phone.






Once Tif and I were on the floor - pretty much front and center , the first band, New Politics, came out. I have never heard any of their stuff before. They were ok, but the mosh pit was INSANE!! Don't know what I was thinking wearing flip flops, bare toes and mosh pit is a BAD combination. Pushing, crowding, jumping, screaming, more pushing, no breathing room AT ALL, and all with complete strangers. They played about 4 songs and Tif and I were done with moshing. I know she only put up with it for me. You rock Tifani! So, I experienced it and it was a little too scary for me. So, we moved back to a safer location but still within view.

Neon Trees were so fun and amazing as usual - glad I got to hang with my other friend Andrea as well. Andrea, you are now a member of the family!! Then it was time for 30 Seconds to Mars. They have so much energy and it was contagious throughout the whole crowd. Jared (lead singer) stopped about 2 songs in just to say what a great crowd we were and how much he appreciated that he didn't have to warm us up - we were already rockin! He also said that "on record" we were possibly the best crowd they have ever played in the US and were coming back very soon. YEAH!!!! He took a pic of the crowd to post on twitter:



KINGS + QUEENS OF UVU
(that's what he wrote on the post) I'm probably in there somewhere!!!


Here's a crazy pic of crazy Jared crowd surfing.



It's not the best quality- my phone doesn't take good pics when it's dark - but you can see him STANDING up on the crowd. Awesome!

Well, that's a novel about my adventurous night. My voice is not doing so well today. But I guess that's a sign of a fun night! Can't wait until next spring when they come back.

0 comments: