About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 13, 17 to go

So Let it Be Read

Today, I had planned to go on a Sunday drive and picnic with my fabulous roommates, but last night, I started coming down with a pretty nasty cold, so I have been in bed all day. Since I didn't feel well enough to go to church, I decided to do some good old fashioned Sunday School. I read an entire book from the Old Testament. I looked at the table of contents to choose a book, and Hosea it was. I have a very hard time reading the Old Testament. I find it difficult to understand and it's often worded pretty harshly and dark. Hosea was no exception. What I mainly got out of the 10-or-so page book was that Israel had forgotten the Lord and Hosea was calling them to repentance. The way it was worded was pretty blunt - comparing Israel to a harlot and to quote Hosea "I hated them for the wickedness of their doings... I will love them no more..." I don't know about you, but I love the feeling of comfort and peace I get from reading the scriptures, and sometimes I don't find that in the wording of the Old Testament. There was a little comfort at the end of the rebuke that is Hosea, however. "I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death".
On that note, remember the Lord and follow his counsel, listen to the prophets and he will remember and bless you.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm impressed you stuck with it even when you're so sick!! We missed you on the drive. We'll have to reschedule the drive!