About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 16, 14 to go

THIRTY POMEGRANATES

Going to a good rock concert makes me feel like somewhat of a rebellious teenager. It's one of my favorite things and I have one of my favorites coming up: 30 Seconds to Mars. I saw them in May for the first time not having heard any of the songs before and fell in love! My friend Tifani and I decided we wanted to make some T-shirts in support. We made shirts for another concert over the summer, but this time we got some iron transfer paper - something I have wanted to do for a long time. To explain the meaning of our shirts, mine says Pomegranate. At the last concert, the lead singer had a bright pink mohawk which he claimed was "pomegranate". Tifani's has the word "seconds" written 30 times in different fonts a la 30 Seconds to Mars. The iron on process was pretty simple, once we figured out how to get a mirror image of our words. It was a lot of fun - and now the world of homemade t-shirts is at my fingertips!!!!






Yes, we have the ironing board on the washer, we needed to be able to put lots of pressure on the iron transfer paper.



I love how couture Tif's pose is, Miss J would be proud. Also, don't I look SOOOOO rock and roll? Ech, I'll have to work on that before the concert.

1 comments:

tifani said...

I love the title (I feel so included) :) You def got the rocker look right at the concert!