About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 22 8 to go

COUNTRY ROAD
Tonight was my family/friend giltter toe party. We have a party about every 6 weeks. I literally live for these nights! Good chit chat, food, glamourous toes, and fantastic company. Tonight's party was hosted by my cousin who just moved in to a new house in Farmington. It's a bit of a drive from Santaquin, so I knew I wouldn't have a ton of time for a new adventure. I picked up my friend Tifani in Salt Lake on the way, and we had a fantistic ladies night. On the way home, we decided to go home on the good ol' Legacy Highway.



I have never driven on the Legacy highway before, so we were in for a beautiful, country, nighttime drive. Well, we kind of thought we were.

We did have a pretty nice sunset as we drove. Not too many cars at all, and it was a nice quiet adventure. However, we began to notice that the city was getting a little farther away - we were going to the west side! We quickly exited and made our way to I-15 to get to Salt Lake. Now heading east, we were then faced with this:

Kind of hard to tell, but we were stopped at a train track. We watched the train moving very slowly. Very slowly... Then it stopped.... more waiting.... then the train started to move BACKWARDS. Very slowly... It stopped again... then started moving forward again. This happened about 2-3 more times. I have never seen a train do that before - so somewhat of a new adventure. Finally, the train kept moving and didn't stop. Yeah! I finally got Tifani home and I continued on my way. All in all, a lovely drive that I will take in the future only when necessary.

1 comments:

Alli and Rick said...

Oh Adrienne I"m so sorry! Nothing worse than getting stuck at a train! And I feel somewhat responsible considering it was my house in the boonies you were leaving. Did I forget to tell you legacy highway dumps you off on the 215? Oops!