About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 17, 13 to go

OF ALL THE MOVIES IN THE WORLD, I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS?

For those of you who know me, I am pretty synonymous with movies. In fact, I am writing this blog while watching a movie in the background... I would have been more than happy to have a 30 day movie blog, but this is for new adventures. Though, I do love movies, I haven't seen a lot of classic or really old movies. One of which is Casablanca.





Today, it was all about the classics. I ordered this classic, Oscar winning movie from Netflix and today it arrived. Just got through watching it and I really enjoyed it! It seemed shorter than I expected. I really had no idea what the story was about before watching it. All I knew was that it is set during WWII and there are Nazi's... I was glad to learn right away that Casablanca was a refugee town for Europeans trying to flee to America. No idea. Wow, and I call myself a movie lover??? Anyway, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend! Very well acted and written. Humphrey Bogart and Ingid Bergman = dreamy!!

PS - I also just realized pretty recently that Casablanca means white house... Anyone know why it's called that???

1 comments:

The Memmotts said...

Hey I totally think you should do a thirty day movie night - choosing movies you have not seen!!! Love your posts and adventures!