About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 21, 9 to go

DESSERT ANYONE??

Is there anything better than cooking a yummy, chocolately, creamy, yet easy dessert? I say NO!!! One of my favorites is an eclair cake. Graham cracker crust, pudding/cool whip filling, and chocolate frosting. Are you salivating yet??? Well, tomorrow is our glitter toe party and I needed a treat to take along. Last year at school, someone on the PTO always brought in this yummy dessert for parent teacher conferences and I have been craving it for a while. I haven't ever made it and thought: perfect opportunity! My sister sent me the recipe and I stopped at the store and came home, cleaned the kitchen and whipped up some chocolately heaven.

Here's the recipe if you don't know it:

2 pkgs. of Graham crackers
(2) 3 oz pkgs. of instant vanilla pudding
3 1/2 cups of milk
8 oz. of cool whip

Line 9x13 pan with graham crackers. Mix milk with pudding. Fold in cool whip. Put half of pudding mix on crackers. Do another layer of crackers. Put the rest of pudding mix on crackers and top with another layer of crackers.


FROSTING:

4 TBSP of unsweetened cocal
4 TBSP Butter
4 TBSP of milk

Melt all together. Stir in 2 C of powdered sugar. Frost. Cover and refrigerate.

and PRESTO:
Mmmmm... Too bad I have to wait until tomorrow night to have any.

0 comments: