About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Monday, October 10, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2 Day 10, 20 to go

Operation Socialite
Last week I was given a challenge. I was talking with a coworker and we somehow got on the subject of dating. She asked what I am doing to change that... We of course got on the subject of church, family home evening etc. She told me I needed to go to Family Home Evening today and she would ask for a report the next day. Well, going to family home evening is not one of my favorite things for many reasons. Particularly in a Mid Single Adults setting. I am not a super outgoing person. I am not shy, just not outgoing. So, to go to Mid Single Adults events where I don't know people is a bit hard and not something I enjoy. I have a hard time approaching people I don't know and initiating conversations and it seems like when I do go to things, no one seems to initiate conversations with me, so I don't feel it's a productive night. Anyway, this was somewhat of a challenge for me, not something I wanted to do. Well, my friend from work was kind enough to come with me. When we got there, we listened to a lesson and had cookies and some mingle time. I talked to a few people that I knew and a girl that I hadn't met before. No boys tonight - but that's an assignment for next week :)

0 comments: