About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS PART 2. Day 12, 18 to go

Apple Bake

Today, I put my newly purchased apple slicer/corer/peeler to use. I have been craving apple bars for quite some time, and I thought it would be perfect to take them to glitter toes tomorrow. I got off to a bit of a late start since I didn't even get home until 7:30 due to 2 hours of piano lessons followed by grocery shopping. I got home, made some dough. It proved to be a bit of a challenge to roll it out to fit in the cookie sheet and to make it the right thickness. Finally, I got the pan lined with dough made from scratch. Then apple slicing, peeling, and coring all in one motion. I know I keep saying slicing, peeling, coring... but I love it!!
My favorite part was adding the butter and cinnamon sugar and butter on top of the apples. YUMMY!




It was 9:45 when these babies came out of the oven and I still needed to shower. Late night, but good treats. Can't wait to eat them tomorrow... I hope they turn out as good as I remember.  

1 comments:

Alli and Rick said...

And it was delicious! Thanks for bringing it to share. It was the best dessert for fall.