About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2. Day 16, 14 to go

Homemade Bread...

Who doesn't love homemade bread? Not me. I love it! Not so easy to make though. In fact, I never have. My sister gave me an old bread machine a while back, and I have been wanting to use it for a long time. Well, it may have even been my mom's, I'm not sure. But somehow, I inherited it. I did not, however, inherit any sort of manual or recipes. I looked up my model number online and fairly easily found the recipe and instructions. After a quick trip to the store last night, I was ready to make some bread. I put the ingredients in the machine before I went to bed, set the timer for 10 hours. Not having made bread before, I wasn't sure how it would turn out.



 This morning at 8:30 I went upstairs to the smell of baking bread. Is there anything better?? I let it cool and took it out of the pan. I was a bit worried becuase the crust was so hard. It seemed like it was a rock of bread, not a loaf of yummy, soft, warm bread. After I cut into it, I was relieved! It was soft, warm, and perfect! Time for breakfast.

0 comments: