About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2, Day 20, 10 to go

The witches are out...
Every year, I have seen numerous billboards and heard radio commercials etc. about the witches at Gardner Village in West Jordan. Despite all of this advertising, I have never been to see the "witches at Gardner Village". My younger sister texted me and said she was taking her kids tonight if we wanted to come. Thank you Fall Break!! I was happy to be able to go. We met them and walked around a bit, my niece and nephew were both geared up in adorable Halloween attire. I love those kids!!! We walked around and looked at some of the witches and shops for a while. A favorite was the Halloween village - Ryder loved the moving parts. So did we, although $60 for one house was a bit much. We then went on to dinner at Archibalds. Yummy! They sure have some good eatin' there. Ryder had us all in stiches when he joined in our "adult" conversation without skipping a beat. We were talking about someone that a friend knew who had to move away with her husband, someone made the comment that both of them had to move. Ryder said "Both of them? How TERRIBLE!" It was classic. After dinner we walked around with the kiddos some more. They enjoyed seeing the decorations and light, just being outside. No one bought anything, except my mom bought a small toy for the kids. Aren't grandma's the best?  It was such a fun night. I just love any opportunity I have to spend time with my neices and nephews.

Image Detail
this was Ruby's favorite: the dancing, hula-hooping witch. She was dancing along.

0 comments: