About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2. Day 13, 17 to go

Stranded

On my way home from glitter toes my friend KariAnn, who was in car with me, saw a minivan all alone in the parking light with its lights on and hood open. She, being a good samaritan, wondered if they needed some help. We decided to turn around and check. I have never offered road side assistance before. I lack any helpful skills in those kind of situations, not to mention I am a little scared to talk to strangers on the road!! I figured that since I wasn't completely alone and it was an innocent looking minivan - we should check it out. We made a quick U-turn and drove down into the parking lot. We approached cautiously and rolled the window down, with the car still moving in case we needed to make a quick getaway. There was one lone man standing by the hood of the van who appeared harmless. KariAnn asked if he needed help, and he said no, he had just turned on his lights because he needed to see his car better. I guess he was trying to fix it and had it under control. He assured us he was fine and we drove away and took a picture since this was something I have never done before and I immediately thought I is something I could add to my list.





I hope the man was OK and got away safely and I am glad we did too! I don't know if I will ever do this again, unless I am with someone I feel safe with. KariAnn is just the type of person who says "if there's a problem, yo I'll solve it". So, I figured we could try to be of some help together. Even though he didn't need our help, we tried! 

0 comments: