About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

THE NEXT THIRTY DAYS, PART 2, Day 8, 22 to go

I had hoped for something a little more grand today than what it turned out to be. For the last month I had planned to host a BYU Footbal game party at my house. I checked the Cougar's schedule and found that today was the Homecoming game. Perfect!! I talked to some friends and was planning to have some good food and friends over to enjoy a great game. Well, things changed a bit. We found earlier in the week that the game was going to be broadcasted on ESPNU. This was a problem. I don't have this channel. Luckily a good friend of mine has the channel and we relocated to her place. I didn't get to host a game day party, but I still got to go to one. I don't think I have ever gone to someone's house for the sole purpose of watching a football game. Well, after a great dinner at the Pizza Factory and a stop to pick up some treats, we settled down to watch the BYU cougars vs. the San Jose Spartans. It was a great game! The cougars won 29 to 16. Way to go Riley Nelson!!! It was his first time playing this season (I believe) and was a great fill in for Jake Heaps. It was my friends Kariann and Sharra and I. Just a girls night, watching some football! I had a great time and was impressed with my friends' knowledge of the team and the game. A great group to watch the game with. Maybe we should make it a tradition...

0 comments: