About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2. Day 22, 8 to go

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad world...
We all have those movies, TV shows, books, or other things that we hear a lot of good things about but just haven't seen for ourselves yet. "I'll get around to it" we tell ourselves. Someday. I have too many to count and I finally got to see one of them for myself. I have always heard great things about the show Madmen, including its many Emmy awards. I don't know much about it other than its about advertising agencies in the 60's. Thanks to the wonder of Netflix, I am able to watch any episode  on my computer at any time. My friend Tifani were scrolling through the many options available to us and we came across this show, and we both said "I have always wanted to watch it", so that was it. We watched the first episode and we were intrigued. The main character, Don Draper, at first seems to be somewhat decent, just your typical brilliant advertising exec, but by the end of the episode there is more than meets the eye. It is a very interesting show and admittedly very well done. It looks like a movie - the costumes, lighting, sets, etc. I am definitely going to have to watch more to see what these characters are really about. I get the feeling there are a lot of layers to each of them, very complex. So, like an onion, I will attempt to peel away at this show, one episode at a time. Hopefully without any tears.

0 comments: