About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2. Day 11, 19 to go

On the farm
Image DetailThere is a somewhat famous place in Santaquin: The Big Red Barn. They sell what Santaquin is all about: apples. I have never been, but since this is the season, I wanted to stop by and get some beautiful red Samtaquin apples. My friend from work, KariAnn who carpools with me, came along for the ride. On the way, we kind of took a scenic route thinking would take us to the barn. Well, we ended up going for a short drive up Santaquin canyon. It was beautiful drive with the fall colors and sunshine with a friend. After a few minutes, we realized this was not the right way to go, so we turned around and headed for more familiar territory, the freeway. We shortly arrived at the barn. It was a great sight!





 We entered in search of apple-y goodness. We were in for even more delicious treats! They had really cute aprons, dishes, candy coated peanuts, orange colored hot chocolate, honey, apple crisp mix, etc. So much good stuff. Of course there were 2 larger than life pumpkins...



We walked into the freezer like room where the "money" is kept. The apples. I picked out a few as well as an apple peeler, corer and slicer. I have been wanting to make these delicious apple bars that my mom makes, but they involve a lot of thinly sliced apples. Now, with the easy turn of a handle, I can make them with ease!! Well, after picking out the healthy stuff, we found the ice cream, fudge, and caramel apple station. My friend and I bought a caramel apple and she also bought some fudge. Oh, it was sooo good.

Well, I am happy to have checked out the Big Red Barn, finally and to use my new apple slicer!!


0 comments: