About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2. Day 23, 7 to go

Hallelujah
Last week, I learned that the Mid single adults in our region are performing Handel's Messiah for Christmas. I have never been to see a Messiah performance or even heard it all the way through. So, I was very excited for an opportunity to not only sing in a choir again, which I haven't done since high school, but in the Messiah! About 10 minutes after the scheduled starting time, there were only 4 of us there. I was worried. Then the director said that if it was just the four of us, we could trade off with the solos. Now, I past worry, and moved to terror. Solos? What had I gotten myself into? Fortulately, more and more people began to trickle in. We ended up with about 20 people in all. Much better. We began to practice our parts together and then joined together again. We practiced the familiar Hallelujah chorus and a couple of others that I hadn't heard before. This is tricky music. Really fast and complicated rhythms. But, it was fun to sing with a group again. Some of the people there were really good. I am excited to see how this turns out. I'll keep you posted on the date of the performance!!

0 comments: