About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2. Day 2, 28 to go

Happy Trees... (and mountains)

Today marks the first TRULY new thing to add to my list for this month. Now, I am many things, but an artist is hardly one of them. I have only ever painted for school, and I hated every minute of it. I decided that I would try my hand, literally, at painting. My good friend Tifani, in a great showing of support, provided my with my art supplies. Armed with (3) 5x7 canvases and numerous paints and brushes, I was ready to make some happy trees. Talking with my family about what I should paint, I decided on a "Fallscape". I began my first painting between conference sessions.
Messy, but hard at work

I had fun mixing colors and creating my own interpretation of autumn.

 I decided after finishing it that I would probably just do that one painting. Not because I didn't want to do another one, I just couldn't think of another thing to paint. Many ideas were thrown out there: Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson, the golden plates, the "Hot Dog Dance" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse... That led us to Disneyland. When my sister said that I should paint all of the mountains from Disneyland, I immediately said "Challenge accepted." This was a little more challenging - there are a lot of colors and textures in some of those mountains and I don't know how well I captured them, but it was sure fun. Probably the most fun I have had on any of my new adventures I have ever done.


Can you tell which mountain is which???

0 comments: