About Me

I am currently living in Provo, UT and teaching 3rd grade at a charter school. It's a lot of work but I have liked it so far and am excited for amazing opportunities ahead.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

THE NEXT 30 DAYS, PART 2. Day 19, 11 to go

A rare luxury

Thanks to a fabulous holiday- Fall Break- we were able to have a very early day. School dismissed at 1:30, and the teachers got to go at 2:00. We had suspected we were going to be able to leave early so a few teacheres made some plans to hang out. We thought it would be fun and somewhat luxurious to watch a move and get some snacks. How often do yo uget to do that on a Wednesday afternoon with your co workers? Never!! I brought some Chex Mix and KeriAnn brought some brownie mix. Not just any brownie mix, Ghiradelli Mix. So gooey and chocolatey. Just delicious. We then set out to pick a movie to watch. Sharra, a fellow teacher, had a huge book of DVDs. We narrowed it down to 5 and each assigned "points" to the movie(s) of our choice. We each had a total of 10 points to vote. We narrowed it down to School of Rock, Rocketman, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Ringer, and another that I can't remember. The Ringer was the winner. Only Sharra had seen it, so we were excited. It was hilarious!!! It is about a guy who pretends to be mentally handicapped in order to fix the special olympics. I was a little unsure if I should be laughing at times, but it was very funny. I have heard about this movie before and have been very curious.
Anyway, I enjoyed spending afternoon in luxury in the middle of the week with my most awesome coworkers. We were talkling about how lucky we are that we enjoy eachother so much that we voluntarily spend time together over our break. Loved it!!!

0 comments: